Psychologist Alice Boyes, Ph.D has written
These prompts might be great to include in your journal; they help to turn around negative thinking. Dr. Boyes makes a note that they are careful not to incite toxic positivity.
Dr.Boyes’ 5 Prompts
- 1. What have you done lately that worked out much better than anticipated
- 2. Who have you thought fondly about that would probably enjoy hearing from you?
- 3. When have you observed the best aspects of humanity lately?
- 4. When have you observed something relaxing and calming about the natural world lately?
- 5. When have you observed something beautiful in the human-made world lately?
Find the full explanation at 5 Self-Reflection Questions to Bolster Mental Health.