We are coming to the end of the year. Here are a few questions to consider as you reflect on the last 12 months.
- What was a highlight of this year? Where did it happen? Was anyone else there? Who?
- What are you grateful for this year?
- What surprised you this year? How did that make you feel?
- Did you meet anyone memorable this year? Who is it? Where was it? Why do they stand out in your mind?
- Who has remained consistent in your life this year? How do you feel about this?
- What has remained consistent this year? Do you enjoy this consistency?
- Did you go somewhere special this year? Where? Why?
- How did you grow or improve this year?
- Can you include in your journal a photo or draw an image of your year that means a lot to you? Why does this image mean so much to you?
- What are you looking forward to next year?
Remember that your story is worthy to be told even if you feel it is mundane. Remember to be gentle with yourself as you reflect on your year.