Holidays can be a sensitive topic for many people. A journal can be the perfect place to download your feelings and attain a bit of relief from a stressful time. Conversely, if you enjoy festive seasons, journal writing is the perfect time to remember as much as you can about the day or days that you celebrated.
Here are a few prompts to get you started.
Journal Prompts for Holidays
- Recall your earliest memory of the holiday or festivities.
- Do you have related ephemera that you can attach to the journal? e.g. A photo, a concert ticket, a leaf from a long walk?
- Do you have a favorite part of the holiday? Is your favorite part when it is all over? Write that down.
- Where were you during the holidays?
- If you celebrate with others, who attended the festivities?
- If you celebrate with others, what excites you about the gathering?
- If you celebrate with others, what could be improved in the gathering?
- If you celebrate with others, what is it about this gathering that induces you to attend?
- Was there travel involved? Describe the trip. Was it fun? Why? Why not?
I wish you peace,