Have you attended a play or stage musical recently? Here are a few journal prompts to get you started writing about your experience.
Journal Prompts for After a Play or Musical
- Which Play/Musical did you attend?
- Where was the venue?
- What is interesting about the venue?
- Why did you attend this play?
- Who attended with you?
- When did you first hear of this production?
- Do you know people in the play (or behind the scenes) by name? List them and discuss why they interest you.
- Describe the plot.
- Does the plot (or do the characters) remind you of a different play?
- Does the plot (or do the characters) remind you of a different form of art or different discipline in life? E.g. The two lead characters in The Taming of the Shrew remind me of two boxers going in for the kill.
- Which actor caught your attention the most? Why?
- Which character surprised you the most?
- Which character is your favorite? Why?
- How were you dressed?
- Attach a photo of the evening (such as a selfie taken in the lobby or a picture of the program) and discuss it.
- Where did you go after the play? Why?
- What play/musical do you plan to attend next? Why?
All the best,